Aki advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, as well as on capital markets, corporate, commercial, and contract law. He joined the firm as an associate trainee in 2018, and he was appointed as an associate lawyer in 2020.
During his studies, Aki spent a semester studying law and US foreign politics in Washington, D.C.
Citycon Oyj’s repurchase of a total amount of 9,500,000 own shares for a total purchase price of EUR 65.8 million as a result of a market based reverse accelerated bookbuild process
EUR 65.8 million
Counsel to Citycon Oyj
Hannes Snellman acted as lead counsel to Valmet, a leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation, and services for the pulp, paper, and energy industries, in its merger with Neles, one of the leading providers of mission-critical flow control solutions and services for process industries in Finland.
The combined value of the merging companies is approximately EUR 7 billion.
Lead counsel to Valmet
Virala Acquisition Company Plc
Hannes Snellman acted as legal counsel to Virala Acquisition Company Plc on its IPO and the listing of its Class C shares on the SPAC segment of the regulated market of Nasdaq Helsinki
EUR 107.5 million
Counsel to Virala Acquisition Company Plc
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
Education and Professional Background
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2020 -
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2020
- Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C., 2019
- Thesis Trainee, Roschier Attorneys Ltd., 2019
- Associate Trainee, Roschier Attorneys Ltd., 2019
- Associate Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2018
- Trainee, Finnish Patent and Registration Office, 2018