Marcus has material experience from the insurance industry acts as counsel in all stages of commercial disputes. His experience entails both domestic commercial litigations and arbitrations. Marcus regularly advises clients, mainly in insurance related matters, construction disputes as well as disputes on general tort and contract law.
Furthermore, Marcus is a member of the Swedish Arbitration Association, Young Arbitrators Sweden and the Swedish Insurance Law Association (Försäkringsjuridiska föreningen).
Marcus is currently on leave of absence.
Oriola, Kronans Apotek, Apoteksgruppen
Counsel to Oriola in obtaining merger clearance for the creation of a joint venture consisting of Kronans Apotek and Apoteksgruppen
Counsel to Oriola
Aker BP ASA, Lundin Energy AB
Combination of the oil and gas businesses of Aker BP ASA and Lundin Energy AB
SEK 100.17 billion
Counsel to Aker BP ASA
Oriola Corporation, Euroapotheca, Kronans Apotek and Apoteksgruppen
Counsel to Oriola Corporation in the Formation of a Joint Venture with Euroapotheca combining the Swedish retail pharmacy chains Kronans Apotek and Apoteksgruppen.
EUR 700 million
Counsel to Oriola Corporation
Outotec Oyj, Metso Corporation
The combination of Outotec and Metso Minerals through a demerger
EUR 3.9 billion (illustrative combined sales)
Counsel to Outotec Oyj
- Co-author of the article "SCC Express: A Shortcut or A Detour?" in the Kluwer Arbitration Blog (2021)
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2022
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2019
- Legal Counsel, Zurich Nordic, Stockholm, 2018-2019
- Master of Laws, Stockholm University, 2017
- Assistant Lawyer, Zurich Nordic, 2015-2018
- Freie Universität Berlin, 2014