Outi Jousi heads Hannes Snellman's Public Procurement Practice in Helsinki, and works within both of our technology and data and public procurement teams.
Outi specializes in complex questions relating to public procurement and technology, giving practical advice to parties in projects both in the public and private sectors. She joined Hannes Snellman in 2017 from Bird&Bird, and worked as in-house counsel for government public procurement body Hansel before that. Her focus areas include market entry, tendering competitions, compliance, procurement related disputes, negotiations and M&A related procurement questions. She also assists clients in matters relating to administrative proceedings and health care related questions, and is active in Hannes Snellman's ESG group.
Outi is the President of the Finnish Public Procurement Association. She regularly arranges seminars and conferences, and writes practical blog posts on public procurement and technology related questions.
Absolutely the best public procurement lawyer I have ever worked with.
Legal 500, 2023
Gasgrid Finland Oy, Excelerate Energy
Gasgrid Finland Oy's chartering of an LNG Floating Storage and Regasification Unit from Excelerate Energy.
EUR 460 million
Counsel to Gasgrid Finland Oy
Counsel to Finnish Customs in the public procurement of bitcoin brokerage services. The assignment is related to the Finnish Government’s decision to sell the Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies seized by Finnish Customs and allocate a significant share of the additional revenue to support Ukraine in the current war.
LähiTapiola Yhteiskuntakiinteistöt Suomi Ky, Espoo Hospital
Counsel to LähiTapiola Yhteiskuntakiinteistöt Suomi Ky in the acquisition of Espoo Hospital.
EUR 300 million
Counsel to LähiTapiola Yhteiskuntakiinteistöt Suomi Ky
Basware Corporation (target), a consortium consisting of Accel-KKR, Long Path Partners, and Briarwood Chase Management (buyer)
Counsel to the offeror consortium of Accel-KKR, Long Path Partners, and Briarwood Chase Management in the tender offer for all outstanding securities in Basware Corporation.
EUR 620 million
Counsel to the consortium
Telia Finland (Seller) and AddSecure (Buyer)
Telia Finland’s divestment of Telia Alerta business to AddSecure
Value not public
Counsel to Seller/Telia Finland
Counsel to IBM on public procurement.
Counsel to Business Finland in public procurement of Business Finland Connection, a solution incorporating artificial intelligence, semantic search algorithms, and machine learning.
Counsel to The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (KELA) in public procurement.
Tieto Corporation, EVRY ASA
The combination of Tieto and EVRY through a cross-border merger
Value not public
Counsel to EVRY ASA
Counsel in strategic public procurement to Finavia Oyj, which maintains and developes all Finnish airports.
Counsel to Finland’s national service center for counties, Vimana Oy, in assessment of Vimana’s function and operations concerning public procurement and competition law.
Counsel to Microsoft in public procurement.
Nordic Packaging and Container Holdings (Seller), Mondi Group (Buyer), Powerflute Group Holdings Oy (Target)
Nordic Packaging and Container Holdings' sale of Powerflute Group Holdings Oy to a division of Mondi Group
Enterprise value of EUR 365 million
Counsel to Nordic Packaging and Container Holdings (NPAC Holdings)
Counsel to a significant IT service provider in a novel agile development project. The advice included strategic advice as well as contract drafting and negotiations.
Counsel to Greek government officials in public procurement of agile projects.
Counsel to Sodexo Oy in public procurement.
- "It has been a true pleasure to work with Outi Jousi for some time now. She is something! Absolutely the best public procurement lawyer I have ever worked with. She is a true “Speedy Gonzales” – always answers before you expect anything. She follows what is going on (news etc.) and she is looking at things from a very wide perspective. When I need a “mirror” on my own conclusions – she is the first and only one I call – since I can count on her opinions to be deeply well founded views! Super kind, fun to be around – and her mind is sharp as a knife! 5-star lawyer.", EU and Competition, Legal 500, 2023
- According to a client, Outi is 'an expert in procurement law and agile ICT contracts.' Another client says: 'Outi Jousi and Jesper Nevalainen worked as a team in our assignment. Their high quality performance is based on their high level expertise. They are experts in various kinds of legal technological challenges. We can trust that every significant detail will be thoroughly considered and solved.', TMT, Legal 500, 2020
- Financial Times Innovative Lawyers’ Awards 2017: Commended (*=rankings from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- President of the Finnish Public Procurement Association, 2020-
- Finnish Public Procurement Association, Member of the Board, 2018-
- Finnish Public Procurement Association, Vice Member of the Board, 2017-2018
- Member of the Government Information Security Management Board VAHTI’s Working Groups
- Member of the Finnish IT Law Association
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
- Member of Agile Finland, arranger of pro bono seminars for product owners, 2014-
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member of Finnish Fashion Law Association
- Member of ITechLaw
- Miten saadaan parempia tarjouskilpailuja? Koodia Suomesta, 2023
- Työoikeudellisia kysymyksiä julkisissa hankinnoissa: milloin kyse voi olla liikkeenluovutuksesta ja mikä on työllistämisehdon suhde työnantajan takaisinottovelvollisuuteen?, Edilex, 2023
- Kartellivalvontaa julkisissa hankinnoissa, Edilex, 2023
- Tietosuoja-asetus huomioitava myös julkisissa hankinnoissa, Edilex, 2017
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2017-
- Senior Associate, Tech & Comms, Bird & Bird Attorneys Ltd, 2016-2017
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, studies in supply management, 2015-2017
- Part-time secondment, Government ICT Centre Valtori, 2015-2016
- Part-time secondment, Finnish Tax Administration, 2015-2016
- Certified Scrum Master, 2010
- Legal Counsel, Hansel Oy, 2008-2016
- Legal Counsel, Mutual Insurance Company Pension Fennia, Investments department, 2007-2008
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2007
- Thesis Writer, TeliaSonera Oyj, 2006-2007 (Best Thesis Award by Finnish IT Law Association)
- Software Developer / Thesis Writer, PerkinElmer Life Sciences Inc, 2000-2001
- Bachelor of Business Administration, software engineering, Turku University of Applied Sciences, 2001
- Web Designer, Lingonet Oy, 1996-1997